Saturday, July 27, 2013

Ethiopia - Last Day

The pain is too much to bear. My heart aches as I say goodbye to my new Ethiopian friends and my old one, Temesgen. My heart is also aching for this country. Never in my wildest dreams would I ever have imagined wanting to stay when it was time to go. When I asked God to break my heart for what breaks His, I didn't think it would hurt this much.

I can hardly get on the plane knowing that I can leave this poverty stricken country yet I leave behind our sponsor family and the hungry, sick and hurting people.

I'm feeling like I didn't make enough of a difference. That I didn't change anyhting. I need more time. I want more time.

I will board this plane in 2 hours, but 1/2 of my heart remains in Ethiopia. Until next time...


These are the scriptures that are written on my heart forevermore...

Psalm 146:9 - The Lord protects the foreigners among us. He cares for the orphans and widows but he frustrates the plans of the wicked.

1 John 3:17 - If anyone has material possessions, but sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in them?

Isaiah 1:17 - Learn to do good, seek justice, defend the oppressed, take up the cause of the fatherless, please the case of the widow.

No comments:

Post a Comment