Thursday, June 27, 2013

Weather Update and Video

With a full calendar, suitcases to pack, and a flight to Ethiopia in 2 days I don't have much time to write, but I wanted to let you know that my MRI scan came back showing "no evidence of cancer", but probable migraines. Thank you Jesus! I am being set up with the headache clinic at Vanderbilt after I return to the States.

Ironically, I can put away the rain gear since my forecast is SUNNY again. However, I will be packing it as it is the rainy season in Ethiopia now (really!) My heart has been broken for what breaks God's...namely orphans, widows, and those who have no access to basic needs. That is how I know it is going to flood... deep in my heart and soul. I welcome it. I embrace it. And I pray that God will allow me to be someone's safe place to fall while I am there.

Here is a video of Ryan, a man who is currently serving with Ordinary Hero. He spent one night in Korah, the trash dump community to get a feel for how it is to live this way. We too will be spending lots of time in Korah so I would love for you to see a glimpse of their lives.


No comments:

Post a Comment