Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Not Sure

So I have to say that I have truly been at a loss for words lately for this blog. I'm not sure where to go from here which is actually a good thing. Since January 2009, I have used it as my cancer blog to document everything from my innermost feelings, to how God was using this cancer for His glory, to how each surgery and chemo went. I also have a family blog (on the sidebar) that I keep as a record for my kids to have. Long gone are the days of printing out pictures and hoping to remember what was going on. Now are blog books where I write out the going-ons of Team Blevins with lots of pictures and have them printed at the end of each year. I purposely did two separate blogs because I didn't want my cancer junk to invade their fun family memories of growing up. Don't get me wrong, I know it is very important for them to grow up and know my story and how God was interwoven in all of it so I have had this blog printed out each year too- to serve as my testimony to them when they are older.
I really, for the first time in a long time, feel HEALTHY! Really really healthy. With my whole being I can say that I am healed and ready for whatever God has for me next. I'm ready and praying for him to use me in a huge way for His ultimate glory. But in the mean time I'm not sure how much encouragement I can offer through this blog anymore unless it's simply sharing the things that God is teaching me. I would love feedback so you can either comment or email me. I do plan to update after appointments and occasionally at other times, but there is truly NOTHING going on in my life right now that is exciting or interesting and I can say that I am happy about that. I'm in a resting period now and I'm having to re-learn how to just be Kelly again. Not cancer-Kelly, but just regular ol' Kelly. I'm loving the time I spend with my family. I'm loving that I have no health concerns or worries. I'm just loving my life and all that it entails...even the crazy days with 2 small children who drive me nuts sometimes. I'll take it. I'm blessed to even be here and after 4 years of sickness, surgeries, fatigue, etc...I do not take my health for granted anymore. The saying is true that you don't know how bad you feel until you start to feel good.

Oh, and I will report back next week as I see my oncologist on Tuesday...expecting nothing less than a clean bill of health!

2 comments: