Monday, September 10, 2012

My Responsibility

Yesterday's sermon has been weighing heavily on my heart. I've come to know through the years that when something is impressing upon me that much, that it is the Holy Spirit and I need to be obedient. So, I'm taking my responsibility seriously and sharing it with every single one of you, my precious readers. I am constantly in awe and humbled when I look at the map at the bottom of my blog and see the various states and countries that you all live in. I often wonder why you would want to read about little old me, but then I remember that God has a bigger plan and he has given me this blog as a way to not only air out my feelings and thoughts about cancer, but a way to share His love, His sovereignty, His grace, etc...
So, back to my responsibility...before I tell you what it is though, I want to tell you that when I first heard the sermon yesterday, I sat in my seat thinking that my circle of friends already KNOW all of this stuff that I am about to share and began wondering WHO I was supposed to go to and HOW I was supposed to do it. Aren't those two questions that we quite often ask God? Especially the "HOW?" And isn't it quite remarkable that He always provides the answer! For me, His response was "Who- your readers and How- your blog."

So, what is this huge responsibility that I have? It comes from the Old Testament book of Ezekial.
After seven days the Lord gave me a message. He said, “Son of man, I have appointed you as a watchman for Israel. Whenever you receive a message from me, warn people immediately. If I warn the wicked, saying, ‘You are under the penalty of death,’ but you fail to deliver the warning, they will die in their sins. And I will hold you responsible for their deaths. If you warn them and they refuse to repent and keep on sinning, they will die in their sins. But you will have saved yourself because you obeyed me.

So, here we have Ezekial being told by God that he is basically to watch over Israel and warn the people. He was supposed to deliver the message that God told him. What a HUGE job that was! Can you even imagine Ezekial knowing he was going to have to tell people that they were under the penalty of death?? These were wicked people...not people who were ready to hear this at all. But Ezekial was also told by God that if he did not follow through with it, that he (Ezekial) would be responsible for their deaths. But if he did tell them and they still did not ask forgiveness then at least he tried and that he would basically "be off the hook."

So, how does this apply to modern times? I mean, a guy named Ezekial in the Old Testament has pretty much nothing in common with a girl named Kelly on her Apple computer, right? WRONG! Applying this to me, Ezekial's responsibility becomes mine too.  As a follower of Christ, it  is my responsibility to tell each of you too that if you are not a follower of Christ, then the penalty is eternal death. Eternity in hell...forever separated from God and His Son Jesus. Forever separated from everything.  I don't want that for anyone!!!! I would love nothing more to meet every single one of you in Heaven one day which is why I am taking the responsibility and telling you these things so that you can have eternal life. And I would venture to say that you would rather be in Heaven for an eternity instead of Hell. So, if you are reading this and you have no idea what I am talking about or HOW to become a Christ follower, it's like this.
1. You believe with your whole being that Jesus is God's Son and lived a perfect life on Earth.
2. You believe that he took the penalty for your sin by dying on the cross so that you would not have to live an eternity in hell. You believe He then rose from the grave 3 days later and ascended to heaven where He lives and reigns with God.
3. You ask Jesus to forgive you/ repent (turn away from) of your sins, and to become the center of your life.
4. And then you walk in victory knowing that Jesus is your Savior and He is your life...your old life of sin has passed away and a new life in Christ has been created.

There are many questions that I am sure that some of you have...maybe about faith, maybe about what happens after you surrender your life to Christ and become a follower, maybe about facts, maybe about this whole salvation thing, maybe about my personal story of coming to Christ...whatever it is, I am happy and more than willing to share with you and answer to the best of my ability. If you have a question that I am not equipped to answer, rest assured that I will most definitely get the answer for you and that everything I tell you will be backed by Biblical Truths.


2 Corinthians 5:14-20: Since we believe that Christ died for all, we also believe that we have all died to our old life. He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.
So we have stopped evaluating others from a human point of view. At one time we thought of Christ merely from a human point of view. How differently we know him now! This means that anyone who belongs to Christ has become a new person. The old life is gone; a new life has begun! And all of this is a gift from God, who brought us back to himself through Christ. And God has given us this task of reconciling people to him. For God was in Christ, reconciling the world to himself, no longer counting people’s sins against them. And he gave us this wonderful message of reconciliation. So we are Christ’s ambassadors; God is making his appeal through us. We speak for Christ when we plead, “Come back to God!” (I italicized the words that spoke greatest to me and pointed out the responsibility I was speaking of earlier)

1 comment:

  1. For long time of my searching i found a nice information about cancer from this site and one other site its http://www.casbestoscancerhelp.com/ , after i reading this both site i feel relief of my cancer.
    cancercured1985@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete