Friday, June 22, 2012

Hit A Brick Wall

I am tired. Not just tired as in "I've had a long day," but tired as in I can't get off the couch for more than 10 minutes at a time of activity or my legs start to get weak and I feel like I am going to collapse. It's been a very long time since I have felt this weak but I know its due to treatment and a low hemoglobin and hematocrit before treatment on Tuesday. I also still have this horrific deep cough that I can't shake and therefore prevents a lot of peaceful sleep.
I'm trying though. I always feel like if I can just make myself get up and be active that I will feel better. You know what I mean. It's like when you exercise even though you really don't want to because you know you will feel better afterwards. Well, that was my thought process too. So, yesterday, I went to CrossFit and did okay given how I felt, then I took my kids to a play date for 2 hours, went to an appointment, and then took Chloe to gymnastics. Needless to say I was in the bed before 7 last night trying to rest but my body was revolting. The steroid is just now starting to leave my body so maybe I will get better rest tonight. I don't know. Today, I had grand plans of getting out and forcing it again today, but landed back on the couch at 9:30 this morning and slept off and on until 2:30.
So for now and this weekend, I plan to rest and try not to feel guilty about it. I plan to do the bare  minimum so that my body can recover.

1 comment: