Thursday, March 15, 2012

Urgent Prayers Needed

It's 1:30 in the morning. I woke up out of the blue, reached for my phone to see what time it was, and noticed I had a text message. Assuming it was probably from David (he is out of town this week), I opened it expecting to see some sweet little love note text. Surprisingly I found the text to be from my dear friend Cathey. You may remember from a previous post that she is the gal who I met and formed kind of an instant friendship with. She and I share an oncologist, a diagnosis of breast cancer, a faith and belief that God is bigger than any diagnosis, and much more. In short, the text just said that her scan results were in and that the cancer has spread in the bones and liver. The current chemo that she is on was not working and will be beginning a new one on Friday that has more side effects, but can hopefully buy her and her dear family some more time.

I'm just in disbelief. Shocked really, and very very sad. Please keep this sweet lady in your prayers. Please pray that the new chemo will indeed buy her more time and will not be harsh in side effects. Pray for her family also. 

Thank you in advance for being faithful prayer warriors. Each of you, although I may not know you personally, mean the world to me.

1 comment:

  1. We just need to keep the faith. God can continue to work miracles in the lives of His believers.
    My husband is an example... 6 1/2 year colon cancer warrior. The doctors are amazed. Never go by what man says. Only the Lord knows how much time we have left. May you and your dear friend be encouraged by His promises; embraced by His peace!

    ReplyDelete