Saturday, December 3, 2011

Update and Other Things

Just a quick update on Cathey. She is doing much better now and was able to enjoy Thanksgiving with her family. What happened to make her so sick with the chemo is that her body may not have the enzyme needed to actually process the medication the way it should. If that is the case, the med is not working and there is no reason to continue it. She has had the labwork to determine if her body is lacking this particular enzyme but I'm not sure how long it takes to get the results. Without the medicine, her life expectancy is cut DRASTICALLY so please pray that her body has the enzyme and that she can continue to take it. In the meantime, our oncologist did cut her dose of it so that hopefully she won't have the horrible side effects. Also going on with her is that her dad just fell out of his deer stand while hunting and is in the trauma unit at Vanderbilt with a broken neck. Another prayer request please. During this holiday season, lets just lift up the whole family to our God who is the ultimate healer and protector.

On another note, I have just finished an intense study of the book of John and I am telling you that there are so many things I discovered that I didn't catch the other billion times I have read from this book. For instance, there was one day that just 3 words stuck out to me and literally I stopped, read them over and over, meditated on them and the just prayed thanking God for the revelation. Those 3 words: "Jesus, being weary..." simple, huh? Easy to read and keep going on, but not this time. It was a day when I was recovering from treatment and was simply exhausted and not feeling well. Those 3 little words spoke volumes to me. Jesus knew what it was like to be so dog tired that it was hard to keep going. John could have used the word tired or exhausted, but WEARY...to me that indicates that Jesus was not just physically tired, but emotionally and mentally also. Oooh, the comfort I received just knowing that Jesus had days like I have too. I needed that particular revelation on that particular day and it has stuck with me. This past week I have been exhausted and weary to the point of tears. I'm pretty sure it's probably related to a drop in blood counts, but that doesn't really provide any comfort. It's been one of those things where I have had to just accept that my body was worn out...weary...and just rest. Just be still. I have thought of Jesus feeling the same way a lot this week and the truly it has provided comfort to know that as I am praying for energy and healing that He understands it and wants that for me too.
I don't know...I'm probably rambling now, but I would encourage everyone to slowly read through a passage, a chapter, or a book of the Bible and let the Spirit speak to you. I used to always wonder how someone could spend so much time on one or two verses, but now I know. When the Spirit reveals something to you, you can't help but stay there and ponder it, pray through it, and let the Spirit reveal things to you. Maybe this would be the perfect time of year to do that with the Christmas story from the book of Luke. Read it as though you have never read it before and let the Spirit move you. If any of you have any exciting revelations, please share them with me via the comment section. Trust me, I will probably get just as excited about it as you are...that's why some of my friends call me a Bible geek...because I get almost giddy at things that are newly discovered and it excites me to no end.

1 comment:

  1. Lifting you both up in prayer right now, as well as Cathey's father. “…do not fear, for I am with you, do not be afraid, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my victorious right hand.” Isaiah 41:10

    ReplyDelete