Monday, April 4, 2011

Breaking Free

I am in the midst of a Beth Moore study called Breaking Free. I think I actually mentioned it a few weeks ago on here. Anyways, the study is all about the strongholds we have, obstacles we carry that prevent us from having the freedom Christ came for, and benefits of having that freedom. And now we are finally to the part of HOW to get that freedom and let go of the strongholds. Couldn't be a better time for this part of the study because I know what mine are, I know the obstacles I have and the benefits there are for me when I do let go of these obstacles. I'm just ready to proclaim the freedom that is mine. Galations 5:1 says "It was for our freedom that Christ came to set us free." He desperately wants us to live the liberated life, to allow the chains to be broken, and heal our broken hearts.

Since my last post, I have invested much time in the Word and have come to a point where I can really say that I am trying ever so hard to be free and give the ridiculously low self esteem to God. I have memorized Scripture, spent time praying, spent time listening for answers, surrounded myself with Godly friends, and continued to eat super healthy and exercise. I feel good...like really really good. I have more energy, I am in a better mood, and I feel like I am being a better mom and wife. I am trying to surrender to the process that God has me going through right now but like most things, some days are better than others. Somehow Satan always can find a way in, but I am recognizing those ways more and more. He's a pretty crafty character. Spiritual warfare is no joke people. What is the verse that says the Satan is like a hungry lion looking and waiting for someone to devour? If there were a visible lion looking at me and waiting to pounce on me, I would run for the hills as quick as these 2 legs could carry me, so why wouldn't I, and you too, do the same since the Bible compares Satan to the same thing?

Anyways, I need to get back to my responsibilities around here, but before I do, there is one scripture I want to share that God gave me after my last post.
Psalm 45:11 - The king is enthralled with your beauty; honor Him for He is your Lord.

Isn't God so loving and good and tender and merciful?

3 comments: