Saturday, January 15, 2011

January 14th

The way my day has been today has left me checking the calendar numerous times wandering if it is really Friday the 13th. Really, I have. Not that I am superstitious or anything, but something about this day has left me longing for tomorrow so I can cross this one off the calendar. Here's a little run-down of how life went today...

1. BOTH kids woke up at 6:45 this morning and demanded milk and cereal bars. I mean the first words out of their mouths were "milk, bar, milk, bar, cartoon!" It was a rude awakening, but an awakening nonetheless.
2. The vacuum cleaner went out today while I was vacuuming. It started to smoke, smell like fire, and shoot out dust. I noticed the cord was frayed and wires were exposed so I took that as my cue to turn it off.
3. I got the results of my bloodwork, and despite not having a cycle for 2 years, my ovaries are still functioning and these signs of menopause are just FAKERS! I am going to have to go through all of these again when I really do hit menopause. Grrr....
4. I got the results of my MRI and the "questionable lymph node" that was there last time is still there and has grown by 2mm - or 25% - putting it in the "oversized" category. 2mm doesn't sound like a lot, but in cancer-speak, it's what determines clear margins or not, so 2mm is a BIG deal. My oncologist and radiologist discussed these things at length and agreed to have me back in May for a repeat scan. I'm waiting now to hear back from my breast surgeon on Monday to get her opinion.
5. Dumb insurance won't cover another scan until July so I have to wait an extra 2 months which I know isn't that long, but when you are wandering if its cancer coming back, 2 months makes a huge difference.
6. A very dear friend of mine called today and told me her husband had gotten wounded in Afghanistan. He is going to be okay, and she has been able to speak to him, but he may require another surgery, and he has to stay in that crapola country until his whole unit comes back even though he 99% will not be able to go back to work within that time frame. They are set to come back in March or April.
7. My kidney stones are back. The aching started last Saturday, and the sharp pains started 45 minutes ago. Praying I can just deal with it at home and not have to go to the ER. So far, I'm okay.

And that's all. That has been my day. OUCH!!! Must go now...dang stones!
Thank you Lord that your mercies are new every morning!!!! Bring on the 15th please!

1 comment:

  1. Kelly, I am so sorry to read about the lymph node and the MRI delay. Prayers headed your way..

    ReplyDelete