Friday, December 31, 2010

My One Word

Each year people make New Years Resolutions. They last for about a month...maybe a tad more, much more likely a lot less. I stopped 2 years ago making New Years Resolutions and have instead switched to focusing on just ONE WORD for the upcoming year. I have had the words EMBRACE and RESTORE the past two years but for 2011, my one word is REVIVAL. In times of revival, God's people experience His presence and power to degrees never thought possible. When revival comes, the giant will not only stir and awaken, but also move with dynamic power and glorious impact.
I am praying that 2011 is a year of major revival for me. I have experienced the healing hand of God, the restoration of who I am, and now I am ready for God to unleash an incredible revival in me. I want to feel the presence of the Lord and see Him move in ways I would have never imagined all while He receives the glory back for it.
I'm excited to see what 2011 will bring for me and my family. I challenge all of my readers to choose one word and not make resolutions that you will break in a day, a week, or a month. There is a website you can google: My One Word and there you can have accountability, encouragement from others with your word, and some questions to answer each week to mark any progress that has been made or anything that the Lord has done for you in regards to your word.
Many blessings to each of you. I pray we all get our word and grow in that tremendously over this next year.

If you choose to do this, leave a comment with your word and why you chose it.

5 comments:

  1. Kelly, I love that idea, there are some many "resolutions" in my life that never made it passed January, so the word I have chosen is consistent, I want to be more consistent in many areas of my life and I hope this helps me to do so.

    Destiny

    ReplyDelete
  2. Trust. Trust GOD to make the right choices for me and my family and lead us where he wants us to go. Trust my husband to make good decision as head of the household. Trust my instincts to do the right things at work for me and my team.

    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  3. ohhhhhh i forgot to write about my word, but after getting renewal last year this year I got PARTY!!!!! I asked for confirmation about 10 times because I couldn't believe that was the word. Pray I have enough faith to believe it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome words my friends! This is going to be an exciting 2011 for all of us. Sign up on the website...there is a link to the right now you can just click on. It's so worth it and will keep you on track.
    Kelly, I cannot believe you got PARTY!!! This is going to be one exciting year for you and the Lord knows, as I do, that you need a party year. Can't wait to celebrate all year with you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always get tickled how God works :) I'm doing the same thing...one word resolution! Only, I was inspired by another blogger.

    http://www.gritandglory.com/2010/12/22/one-word-2011/

    ReplyDelete