Monday, November 8, 2010

Psalm 103...

Today I texted my friend Erin and asked: Hey friend, what do you do when you don't feel God and feel so far away? I feel like he doesn't even care about me anymore...like He is tired of my problems. I know there are times he chooses to be quiet like in the beginning of Job, but I need to hear him. Like now!

Her response: I'm right there with ya girl!1 All I know is these are the times to trust wholly in His Word which are promises and His character which is good. That takes faith! Check out Psalm 103 :)

So I did that when I put Brody down for his nap. I opened my Bible to Psalm 103. I read it. Read it again, and then read it a third time. Finally, I got out my highlighter and went to town highlighting these verses specifically:
Psalm 103: 2-5: Let all that I am praise the Lord; may I never forget the good things he does for me. He forgives all my sins and heals all my diseases. He redeems me from death and crowns me with love and tender mercies. He fills my life with good things.
Psalm 103:13-14 : The Lord is like a father to his children, tender and compassionsate to those who fear him. For he knows how weak we are; he remembers we are only dust.

It does help to know that God knows how weak I am and that He is tender and compassionate to that. It also helps me to remember and even list off all of the good things he has done for me in these past two years especially.

A big thanks to my friend Erin who directed me to that Psalm for today's time with God. And a huge praise to God for ALL of the good things he has done for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment