Friday, October 29, 2010

Update from Surgery

Well, today is Friday...day 3 post op from the second surgery. I am doing okay for all that happened on Monday and early Tuesday morning. I am still a little shell shocked at what all happened, but I try not to think about it too much because it scares me when I do.

As for my energy, it is still very low. I tend to still get a little dizzy when I stand up or change positions too quickly, but it's getting less every day. My drain is still putting out over 200mls/day which is a lot but at least we are heading in the right direction - it is getting less and less each day! I'm praying that I can get it taken out on Wednesday when I go back for my appointment. I am trying to move around a little each day to work my strength back up, but for now it's tiring when I get up to go sit outside with David. Thankfully, he loves to take care of me and help me do everything. He has been such a hero this week. I love him more and more with each day that passes and I cannot imagine my life without him. I will have to think of some fun surprise for him once I am healed.

As for pain, it's simple. If I don't move or cough, or lean back, I don't have pain. However, movement is necessary so there is always some pain involved. However, it's becoming more manageable without the heavy narcotics. I am more reserving those for night time and first thing in the morning when I wake up and am stiff. Since I have 2 incisions, one down my back and one across my chest, it is hard to find a comfortable position, but once I do, I'm good to go.

The kids are doing wonderful at gramom's house in Georgia. I talked to Chloe last night for about 10 minutes and she was full of stories and questions for me. Her main question was "will you be able to carry me when I get home?" I had to tell her no, but that she could crawl in my lap and I could hold her or she could snuggle up on the couch with me. She's very excited to get to trick-or-treat with grandparents and Brody. We over-nighted their costumes to them yesterday so hopefully they will have them today and be ready to get all candied up. The plan is to go pick them up on Wednesday I think. I miss them terribly.

Other than that, I'm just resting and taking it easy. Reading some books, watching movies, sleeping a lot, and that's it. More updates to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment