Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Komen Race For The Cure Coming Up!!!

To my closest and dearest friends and family,
I am asking (and not above begging) each of you to please join me in the fight against breast cancer by pledging your support in the Race for the Cure that will be happening in Brentwood, TN in just under 40 days.


As all of you know, I was diagnosed with stage 3 breast cancer 20 months ago and am currently considered cancer-free. I still have 3.5 years to go until I am considered "cured" by the doctors, but with amazing foundations such as the Komen Foundation, a cure may very well be just around the corner and it wouldn't even be a matter of having to wait 5 years to hear that word. When you are in the midst of a life-threatening illness, 5 years seems like FOREVER to wait to hear the word CURED. I am determined to hear those words, not just for me and my family, but in memory of my best friend Kate who lost her battle with breast cancer 5 months ago. She left me her pair of pink boxing gloves with instructions to NEVER give up fighting. So that it what I am doing! This is for her too!



Your tax-deductible contribution will fund local outreach, awareness and treatment programs for the medically under-served in our community. And... up to twenty-five percent of your donation will support national cutting-edge breast cancer research (which is near and dear to my heart as I was in 2 clinical trials).

Visit my personal fundraising page and consider making a tax-deductible donation to support my participation! My goal this year is to raise $1000. I know we can do this together with your help. Please feel free to forward this information/blogsite to anyone you know who may be interested in contributing. I will keep everyone up to date on the progress we are making and will be sure to post lots of pictures of Team Blevins as we walk our 2nd annual Race for the Cure.



Love,
Kelly, David, Chloe and Brody Blevins (TEAM BLEVINS!!)


1 comment: