Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Celebrating Life A Lot this Week

This week, beginning today, we celebrate lots of LIFE. I'll explain...

Today, August 17th, 2010 marks my 1 year anniversary of being done with chemo. Yes, last year, I was getting my 16th and final round of chemo. Here's a few pics to show where I was and where I am now.

                                                        July 16th - chemo birthday party


                                                    August 18th, Brody's 1st birthday party



                                             October 10th - Race for the Cure in Brentwood


                              July 4th - St Louis zoo with my favorite baby boy ever!



                                           July 4th - leaving the Arch with my favorite little girl




Now tomorrow (Aug. 18th) we will celebrate Brody's 2nd birthday. Cannot believe my baby is 2. These have been the fastest and sometimes slowest 2 years of my life, but one thing is for sure...he has brought so much joy to my life through the suffering I have been through. Here are some pics to show his growth along this past year...(sniff sniff)

                                                                 November 2009



                                                                    December 2009



                                                                         April 2010

 Recent. Can you believe what a big boy he has grown into these past 12 months??!



And finally, David and I celebrate our 6th wedding anniversary this Saturday, August 21st. In six years we have survived learning how to live together, moving to a new state, building a home, have 2 children, and cancer. It's amazing the grace that God has poured over us and how he has protected our marriage. 70% of couples will divorce when cancer enters the picture...a very sad, but true statistic.

So, happy week to Team Blevins!!!

2 comments:

  1. You are a strong and beautiful family! I love you all...Please give Brody a huge hug and kiss from me for his birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praising God with you. Your children are adorable! So glad that God allowed our paths to cross. May this next year be the year He leads you beside the still waters and to the glorious mountain top!

    ReplyDelete