Sunday, July 11, 2010

It's Been A Long Time Coming

So I sit here at 10:04 PM on Sunday night reflecting over the past 19 months trying NOT to get caught up in the pity party that Satan is wanting me to have but instead rejoicing in the promises that God has given me.
In just 12 short hours, I will be sitting, once again, in the pre-op area of St Thomas hospital awaiting my second surgery in a series of 3. I am having a prophylactic mastectomy on the right side and will also be getting tissue expanders put in as well. For those of you who do not know what expanders are, they are placed behind the chest muscle in order to stretch the skin in preparation for the final surgery - reconstruction. This is definitely a good type of surgery and I am definitely grateful to be having this done, but there is that little part of me that wants to go to a place of self-pity in regards to the pain and muscle spasms that I will inevitably have. So, instead of making this a long post, I just need to ask for prayers for myself, my doctors, and nurses, and my family during my healing. And I am going to get in the Word and hopefully fall asleep reading the promises that he has for me.

Much love and many thanks to each of you who have stuck through this past crazy year and a half with me and know that I am eternally grateful for every single one of you and the prayers that you have offered on my behalf.

2 comments: