Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Going Through A Dry Spell

I'm just going to be honest here. I finished my Beth Moore study on the fruits of the Holy Spirit a few weeks ago and since then I have been STRUGGLING to know what to do for my quiet times each morning. I have hit a dry spell and I HATE it, but I seriously don't know what to do. I've stopped even bothering to get up at 5 AM because all I do is sit there and half-heartedly do a lesson in another study I have. I just can't seem to get excited or motivated.
This is NOT normal for me. I want to be excited to meet with my Saviour every morning. I want to meet him with a cup of coffee, my Bible, and just have uninterrupted time with Him. I want to be excited again when the alarm goes off.

Pray that this dry spell will go away. That the Lord will just drown me with intense desire like He has before. That I will fix whatever is hindering me from being able to sit at His feet and just take Him all in.

3 comments:

  1. i think you are normal....ups and downs...ride the coaster of life! :) prayers and hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kelly,
    Thanks so much for stopping by. I've spent about the last hour reading through your story and marveling at your heart for the Lord! He has counted you worthy to bear this cross and you are a trophy of His grace and love. He is being glorified in you. It will be a privilege to bring you before God's throne of grace and petition Him for ongoing health and a cancer free future.

    As for your quiet time.....my encouragement to you is just read....be obedient to your quiet time with God, even if you aren't feeling the earth move and the heavens open, and each morning ask God where He wants to take you in His Word. If you don't hear from Him...go to one of the Gospels and go back to the heart of God. There is also a devotional that I used many years ago....A Women's Devotional Bible.....years ago God used it to help me develop a more consistent quiet time and I recommend it to many women. I will be praying for you in this area. Satan wants to distract you....don't let Him. Just be obedient and keep going to your Father. He will pour out His living water over you.

    So great to meet you and walk beside you -
    In Christ,
    Stacy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Powerfully written.
    And ditto. Lately I don't 'feel' God or 'sense' His Presence. Just keep plodding along, realizing the choice to keep on believing is independent of emotions and other nice reinforcements.
    Blessings, Joe

    ReplyDelete