Thursday, May 20, 2010

The Most Awesome, Amazing, Fantabulous News EVER!

I had a mammogram and breast MRI done on Tuesday. This was the first one that I have had since diagnosis 16 months ago. To say I was anxious would be a slight understatement. However, to say that I was trusting and believing God for a great result would totally be true. So why would I be so surprised and excited when I heard the final word today that both tests came back normal?!?!? I feel like I really am cancer free now and I have the MRI to prove it!! Not that God has not already confirmed that to me through this very personal and exact word to me one night..."This sickness will not end in death. Instead, it will be used to show God's glory by glorifying his Son" John 11:4.
Aaaahhh (that's me letting out what feels like the longest breath ever held)! All day long I have just praised and praised and praised His name. I cannot stop thanking Him and I hope he's not getting tired of me doing so through song, worship, and some very bad dancing (hey, there is only room for 1 dancer in the family and Chloe has claimed that spot). I'm just doing what Psalm 100 tells me to..."On your feet now - applaud God! Bring a gift of laughter, sing yourselves into His presence!" I am telling you that I feel totally freed from cancer...Psalm 103 "He forgives your sins - every one. He heals your diseases - every one.
I could seriously go on and on with this post, but if God is NOT getting tired of hearing all of this, then surely you are by this point. So I will leave you with this wonderful word that God has given to me today...
Psalm 118: 17-20...I didn't die - I lived! And now I'm telling the world what God did. God tested me- He pushed me hard, but he didn't hand me over to death. Swing wide the city gates - the righteous gates! I'll walk right through and thank God. This Temple Gate belongs to God so the victors can enter and praise. Thank you for responding to me; you've truly become my salvation!

2 comments: