Thursday, January 14, 2010

Feeling a Bit Odd

This has been quite an odd week for me. You see, this past Tuesday was the one year mark of the day I found my lump. I remember that day like it was just yesterday. The urging of the Holy Spirit telling me to do the self exam...the first place I touched being the lump...telling David...seeing my doctor a few hours later...

Today marks the one year date of seeing my first surgeon for the first time. I remember him doing an ultrasound in his office and him telling me nothing to make me feel better at all. I wonder now if he knew but wanted confirmation with more tests. I remember being scared to death when he ordered the mammogram...and then the biopsy.

I'm sure that when January 20, 21, and especially 23 come, that I will feel a bit melancholy with some feelings of sadness, relief, and thankfulness mixed in. But for now, I'm just going to allow myself these feelings and let the Lord comfort my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment