Sunday, December 20, 2009

The Results Are In

Things have been so crazy at my house for the past 10 days that I have barely had time to catch my breath for even one minute. However, there are some things that I am dying to share with every one of you my sweet friends.
First and foremost, I won't keep you wondering...my thyroid biopsy came back BENIGN!!! Yes, that's right. I am still cancer free. I will just be followed by my endocrinologist every 6 months for ultrasounds on the nodule to check for growth. If it gets bigger and becomes bothersome, I will have surgery to remove it. If it remains the same, then I am good to go. So, praise the Lord with me that I do not have to add the walk through thyroid cancer to my medical chart.
Next, I want to share what the Lord has been putting on my heart lately. Well, technically it's been more than just "lately" but that's beside the point. Let's just say that I have now termed Him, in the most loving and respectful way possible, my "Divine Stalker." He has been keeping me up late at night and waking me up at all hours of the night with this. He has been introducing me to new people who can help answer questions for me regarding this, and he has shown me that I am not the only one who He has placed this desire upon. So, you now are asking WHAT is this girl talking about?!? I am talking about not a "what", but a "who." THE HOLY SPIRIT.
Have any of you ever stopped to just think about who the Holy Spirit is. I mean beyond the Spirit of God. Have you ever stopped to think about the POWER of the Holy Spirit? The power that came upon the disciples at Pentecost when the Spirit came and rested on them? Have you ever stopped and thought about the gifts of the Holy Spirit? How about being baptized in the Holy Spirit? My friends, THESE are the things that the Lord has placed ever so firmly on my heart and these are the things that I am sorting through, praying through, and learning about. I am beyond intrigued and just cannot get enough of it. Now, please know that I am not a new Christian. I have been saved since I was a child, but about 2 years ago I came to really learn about the Holy Spirit and His power. Since my diagnosis 11 months ago, I came to really understand and experience His power in my life. Maybe it wasn't that I didn't know about it, but that I had finally surrendered to it. Regardless, it has been a glorious experience and I just want more...to the point that I don't think I will ever get enough of God and I hope that I don't.
If any of you are interested in learning more, there are several books I would love to recommend that have helped me and only increased my hunger for more. Here's the list:
1. The Shack
2. Crazy Love
3. Forgotten God
4. The books of Acts and Ephesians in the Bible
5. Embracing the Spirit of God
If any of you read or have read these books, let me know. Send me an email ( kellysblevins@yahoo.com ) with your thoughts, questions, and opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment