Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Some Really Cool Things

This is simply going to be a list post because several really cool things have happened, but I need to make this blogging session short...but I want to share them with you while the emotions are still fresh.

1. Sunday was the kickoff of Clarksville's newest care group for breast cancer patients/survivors. My friend and I are co-founders of SEE Pink and feel as though the turnout was really good. We just know that our calling is from God and that He will bless it and bring people to us. Our first official "social" is November 19th.

2. Today I gave my testimony in front of about 70 women at a breast health seminar in town. I was a little nervous until I started talking but then everything just fell into place. The talk went perfectly, some people were tearing up as I talked (along with me), and I felt at peace with what I said.

3. After the meeting, numerous women came up to me and thanked me for sharing my story and a few asked me if I would come and talk at their groups.

4. We (the cofounder of SEE Pink and I) were able to pass out lots of information to the women in attendance about SEE Pink.

5. I got to see the radiologist again who diagnosed my mammogram as probably cancer. She took a lot of time with me that day and made sure that I was well taken care of. She was thrilled to see that I am doing wonderfully.

6. I have another talk tomorrow night at Fort Campbell Army Post for an FRG group. I'm even more excited to go there and talk and do a little exercise with them. Should be fun.

So, all in all, a perfect day!

3 comments:

  1. With the emotional and physical drain of battling BC, it is so wonderful you have the energy to still reach out to others in this way!
    Blessings, Joe

    ReplyDelete