Friday, September 11, 2009

Interesting Question

Yesterday I was interviewed by a journalist for the Clarksville Family Magazine. She is going to be telling my story in the October edition as October is Breast Cancer Awareness month. Anyways, one question that she asked me struck me so hard. I had to sit and think for a second and then I had to email her and clarify because I didn't think that I articulated it the way I wanted to. She wanted to know if there was only one thing that I could tell Chloe and Brody about this experience when they got old enough to understand, what would that one thing be. WOW!!! Only one...well, my answer to that is that I would want them to know that God is bigger than cancer and any other circumstance that may come into our lives and that we HAVE to trust that He loves us and is working it all out for our good. He never said life would be easy...He just promised He'd be with us!

4 comments:

  1. What a good lesson to teach our children. You must send me a copy of that issue when it comes out! I am so excited to see God doing such amazing things in your life. I think about and pray for you daily. You are still such a blessing to me even all the way over here!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Kelly!Catching up on your blog. I'm not sure if there could be a better answer to your question. Save the issue so we can see it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so happy they are interviewing you, and publishing that wonderful answer! You are such an inspiration to us both..I am discovering so many out there quietly going through cancer without emotional support, afraid to reach out for help..
    Blessings,
    Joe

    ReplyDelete