Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Training Update

So the 1/2 marathon that I am running is just 12 weeks away and I am getting more excited and nervous about it. I know...12 weeks is a good ways off so I need to not get nervous about it now. I don't have a specific goal time that I want to finish it in, my goal is just to FINISH it. The coach I have been working with says that for a first race finishing should be the only goal.
So, I am running 3-4 days/week and am up to 3 mile runs per day (for the most part). Not too bad since I am still getting chemo. I admit that it has been harder these past 2 weeks because my body is taking a beating from the chemo, but that will be over soon enough and I can move on.
And that's about it...hopefully I will be able to move up to 4 milers soon. We'll see. I definitely cannot wait to be able to run outside more consistently so I am praying for cooler weather to come upon us.

2 comments: