Monday, August 10, 2009

I Don't Think It Could Be More Clear

If you read the previous blog entry, then you will know I have been praying for confirmation from God about the purpose to which I think He has called me. I've known all along that this breast cancer diagnosis was NOT in vain as the Lord always has a plan and purpose (Jeremiah 29:11), and now I have received my confirmation. Let me share it with you. It is a devotional dated August 7th and I read it a day late (after praying for the confirmation). Actually I wasn't late because God knew it was for me on THAT particular day and what's really cool is that I have been reading other devotionals lately so I hadn't picked this one up in quite a long time. So, on with it...

Often our struggle as Christians is not in deciding whether we should obey Christ but in obeying immediately. We may acknowledge our need to follow Christ and commit ourselves to do what He has told us. yet when God reveals His will to us that is the time to obey. God's revelation of His will is His invitation to respond immediately. Timing our obedience is cruscial. Invitations from God come with a limited opportunity to respond. Some opportunities to serve Him, if not accepted immediately will be lost. occastions to minister to others may pass us by. When God invites us to intercede for someone it may be critical that we stop what we are doing and immediately adjust our lives to what God is doing. Missing oppotunities to serve the Lord can be tragic. When an invitation comes from God the time to respond is NOW.

So the confirmation is there and I have already started pursuing my calling. I'm thrilled about it and will go into more detail later. Pray with me that the details will just all fall into place as I know they will since God is in charge.

No comments:

Post a Comment