Tuesday, July 28, 2009

From the Inside Out...

Just a funny story I thought I would share with my blog friends.

I put my kidlets down for a nap a few hours ago and decided that I would go and continue the training for my 1/2 marathon that I have committed to do in November. So I locked up the doors, set the alarm (because I am paranoid) and went downstairs to get on the treadmill. I jumped on and turned on my iPod...pretty loudly. I always put the songs on shuffle to keep myself guessing through my run and at just about mile 3 one of my FAVORITE songs came on. I seriously needed the pick-me-up. It's Hillsong's "From The Inside Out" and I was jamming in my heart (and outloud). I swear I just could not contain myself as I was singing out to the Lord..."from the inside out Lord my soul cries out..." and next thing I know, I am trying to stay ON the treadmill. Yep, that's right, I nearly fell off the treadmill while I am singing and praising my God. It had to be funny to the Lord because Lord knows it was funny to me (after I regained my step). I almost took one for the Lord today...
I would love to say that this is the first time that this has happened, but it's not. I actually did fall off a treadmill about 7 years ago and then I was on an elliptical 2 years ago and one leg came off so I was elliptical-ing with just the other until I could get my act together. I have a serious problem when it comes to exercise and multi-tasking I guess. If you ever see me out running, please do not honk the horn at me or stop to wave or I may get run over as I try to figure out who just did that. HA!!!

3 comments: