Wednesday, May 6, 2009

My Rock

Tomorrow (Thursday) is the last round of the mega-dose chemo drugs. I'm having mixed feelings. Part of me is super excited to go and get through it so that it is behind me. The other part of me is dreading it so bad because of how difficult the last one was for me. But 100% of me is grateful that my friend Amy sent me this email as encouragement (Amy, hope you don't mind me sharing)...

"Psalm 61:2 - From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed, lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
Kelly, I pray all goes smoothly tomorrow and that if things don't go as well as you hope and you feel overwhelmed, that you will be led to the Rock that is higher than us."

This verse speaks volumes to me and so I hope by sharing it with whomever else may see this that it will also bless you immensely. I mean when I think about this type of rock, I actually, in my head, picture a massively huge mountain that cannot be moved or shaken. Isn't that Jesus? It is to me! Here I am, a little pebble that can easily be picked up by a gust of wind and have my world turned upside down and inside out, yet the Rock is as solid and sturdy as a mountain. When the winds of life come, this Rock is not shaken or surprised by anything. I love it! I love that I have chosen to place my faith in this Rock called Jesus!!!
I have so much that God has laid on my heart and spoken to me that I want to get down in writing but it's late and I'm exhausted. I hope to be able to blog through it all in the next few days or so. I'll just say that I have never really viewed myself as an Israelite making the Exodus out of Egypt and into the Promised Land until now. I can SOOOOO relate to them through my situation and take comfort in the words that the Lord spoke to them during their journey.
Anyways, until I can get back on here, please pray me and my family through the next few days to come. Please pray that my Rock will hold me steady and strong in His arms....the safest place for me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment