Thursday, April 2, 2009

A Season of Stillness...

Yesterday I received an email from my mom telling me about her devotion that morning being based on Psalm 46:10. The verse says "Be still and know that I am God." I just want to share an excerpt of her email to me (hope you don't mind mom!):

Right now I think that is exactly what God has in mind for you. Then I was led to another verse in Hosea (14:9) where it says that the ways of the Lord are right. I had written in my Bible "even when we don't understand them." Is that not true? During this time of stillness for you, I really believe God is renewing your spirit and you will learn so much about him and his strength that you will be amazed.
I'm not saying that we don't need to serve God, but there are times when he wants us to just be still and wait - hard to do isn't it?

Oh yes, it is very hard to do. I don't know if the reality of how short life can be has just set in so deeply with me that I don't want to waste another second, or what it is that had me almost panicking about doing nothing right now. Maybe it's that I know what God has told me about this cancer being used to furthur His kingdom yet I don't know how. However, after praying about this season of my life and really meditating on what God wants me to do, I really DO think that this is the time for me to just be still, wait, and watch. I think that He is going to show me things about himself that I may have already known, but not known to the fullest. I think he is going to show me just how big he really is and how much he can really do. I think he is going to cover me so much with his perfect love and peace so that when the season of stillness is over then I can go furthur His kingdom the way he wants me to.

So, here's to waiting, watching, and resting in His arms.

1 comment:

  1. Girl, you just take care of you during this season, you are going to have THE REST OF YOUR LIFE to carry out the rest of His purpose! :)
    K

    ReplyDelete